Wednesday 29 June 2011

Wip Wednesday #4


Sorry today's post is a bit late, today has just ran away from me!

Pink needles and the biggest ball of yarn I've ever seen!


So this isn't quite a wip but it going to be, so I hope this counts!! This is the wool and needles I bought when I was back in Forres visiting my mum and family. You can't really tell but the wool is such a gorgeous purple colour. I'm going to use it to try and knit a cable bag, this wont be for a while but I just couldn't resist the wool, which is evident by the size, according to the pattern I will need 150g and this ball is 400g. Now I know they say as a beginner you should buy more than you need but 350g more?!? Anyway I'm sure I will use it for other things, maybe mittens? ooo that's an idea!
Also I do apologise the photo isn't great but also in the photo are some very cute pink needles. Again I just could resist. They are size 41/2mm, I'm not sure what I'll use them for but who cares, they're pink!! So this is it really for this week but I promise next week I will have something much a bit more exciting to show you!

For more wip's pop over to Tamis blog here

9 comments:

  1. Whatever you knit with those tiny needles is going to take some time...love the color of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink and purple too!!! Whatever you decide to do with it will be very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink needles -and the wool!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty yarn (and even pretty needles!!) You'll have plenty for the bag, mittens and many more things! Maybe a matching hat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, how could you resist pink needles! For me they would have to be teal, but pink is very cool too. Have fun with your purple knitting adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those giant yarn balls - they're such good value, you'll be able to make lots of accessories :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty BIG ball of wool!!! I'm sure you will make something/or many fabulous things out of that great colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yarn ...my favorite color....I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete