Saturday 11 June 2011

Knitting Tutorials

Today I'm feeling quite happy about things. My asthma seems to be calming down and getting easier and I am just loving blogging! It has been such a good distraction from my asthma and all the lovely messeages about my bobble hat and well wishes have really made me smile! So I guess you could say I'm feeling pretty grateful for finding blogging, all the talented people I have found through blogging and grateful for discovering knitting too. Becuase without knitting I would never have found the amazing world of blogging! This is why today I am going to link up this tutorial post with Maxabella


Tutorial 2 - Casting on
So now that we have mastered the slip not the next thing you need to know is how to cast on.
Step 1
Start with the slipknot on your left hand needle

Step 2
Insert the right hand needle into the stitch from the bottom. Keep the needles crossed - left over right

Step 3
Wrap the yarn round the back of the needles and through the middle

Step 4
bring the right hand needle underneath the loop and to the front

Step 5
Bring the right hand needle forward so it crosses the left hand needle

Step 6
Pull the right hand needle out to the right

Step 7
Put yarn from right hand needle onto left

Step 8
Remove right hand needle

Step 9
Pull Long end of yarn tight, this is your second stitch

Step 10
Repeat process until desired number of stitches


4 comments:

  1. wow! what a useful post! My nana taught me to knit when I was about 8 but I have to admit that I have not done it in so long that I have forgotten how. Wish I had kept it up, I dream that I will one day pick it up again. Nice to find your new blog. Gill xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting about being grateful for winter. At least it's a time of year you can get to wear some of your beautiful knitted creations.

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for the reminder on how to get started :)Me too it has been ages since I tried on knitting again.
    Thanks for your comment too and have a nice weekend.
    Sandrine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, Sam!! :)
    And thank you for sharing the reminder of how to start the knitting process. For me, too, it has been a while since I last knitted. I may have to give it a try again and might actually finish something in time for winter.
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete