Friday 16 September 2011

Fo Friday #9

Not much to say today, steroids are starting to have affect so starting to feel a bit better!

Also I have managed to get my cable bag finished!


I'm quite pleased with it to be honest, even though I made a small mistake! It was quite an easy knit and I really enjoyed doing the cables! I'm going to have to try more now!The only thing I might change are the handles, I'm just not entirely happy with how the are attached, but it's not a major issue! Can't wait to use it though!
I'm going to make another one as well for my mum for Christmas, sshh don't tell her!


Well I'm off to check out Tami's blog and see other Fo's!
I will also be linking this post with the following parties:
Friday - Creative Friday
             Fiber Arts Friday
Saturday - Weekend Wrapup
                Weekend Blog Hop
                Show and Tell Saturday
                Lovely Crafty Weekend
                Link Your Stuff
                Strut Your Stuff
Sunday - Strut Your Stuff
               Sunday Showcase Party
               Think Pink
               Homemaker on a dime
               Linky Party Sunday
               Say Hi Sunday
               The Sundae Hop
Monday - Motivate Me
                Craft
                Inspire Me
                I made it
                Handmade Monday
Tuesday - Tuesday Timeout
                Topsy Turvy Tuesday
                One Project at a Time
                Handemade Tuesday
                Too Cute Tuesday

29 comments:

  1. That is lovely, and the little mistake you made will never be seen!

    Glad you are starting to feel better now

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, the cables are fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice color; shall you line it at all ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I bet no one will even notice the mistake (they hardly ever do...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, love the purple, no one will spot the mistake, trust me, I can't even see them when people point to them and go "look its there!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sam, glad you are starting to feel better. Well done on completing the bag and the cables. I learnt how to do them about a couple of years ago, and love them. Looking forward to having a go in my big cable top i am knitting at mo. bee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's quite a list of link parties. I'll have to check some of them out. Love the cables. You might try making your handles longer and attaching them on the inside on your next and see if you like that method any better. Love your idea of all the gift bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came out great! You can't even see the booboo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought the perfect bottle of wine for that bag. It's a great gift and what an awesome way to practice cables.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bag is so cute! I bet your mother will love one.
    I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I hope you continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a non-knitter (but oh-how-I-would-love to be!) it looks perfect to me. Love the texture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty - love the color and you hid the mistake well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE! I love the look of knitted and crocheted things. I can knit with a knifty knitter. LOL! I can't REALLY knit. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colour - congratulations on completing it, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cable is so back in atm, just love those Aran jumpers but to knit one I don't think so, maybe one day. Love the bag

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great bag, it's wonderful to be able to make things that are useful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the bag looks lovely I remember buying a knitted bag while in Romania once I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bag - the colour is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cable is obviously the buzz word of the moment as this is the third blog post I've read today. Lovely bag, would make a great bag for a bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't forget, crafters never make mistakes just create future opportunities. The bag is lovely, well done.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the bag - especially as its in my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous colour, if you don't point it out, no one else will even notice the mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great bag, it's a lovely colour too. The handles look fine but can change the look by sewing on buttons or bows.
    Ssshhhh I won't tell your mum.

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great bag and that aubergine yarn is just gorgeous. I know what you mean about handles, I have two Nicky Epstein bags knitted up but just cannot find good handles that I really like.

    ReplyDelete