Sunday 22 May 2011

Baby Booties!

Oh my word, that was so easy! I managed to make these in one night! I don't think it was because I am now an amazing and very talented knitter ! I think it has more to do with a very easy but great pattern.  And now I have a new skill... I can decrease! This was also quite straight forward but I was pretty pleased that it worked first time. The first bootie turned out perfect but as I was reading the pattern one of the things that could go wrong was that your second bootie might not come out the same size as the first one! So I started quite nervously but hooray two perfectly matched booties!!

Now all that was left was to wait for my my new niece or nephew to be born! Which happened rather earlier than expected, 7 weeks earlier! But we got a lovely little nephew, James, who is doing just fine and loved his booties.

All I need to do now is make some more, I might play around with them as well and try different variations. Fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment