Friday 31 January 2014

Nanny Bunty's Tablet

As I mentioned in my earlier post about Burns Night I made some tablet. Well today I want to share the recipe with you!

I was a bit nervous about making this as I knew toffee could be tricky, this however was surprisingly easy! The first thing I did was call my nanny Bunty as she always used to make it when I was little! She was thrilled to be passing on the recipe and was keen to hear how it turned out.

Ingredients:

2lb sugar
1 tin of condensed milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
2oz butter
7floz milk
2tsp vanilla


Method:
Put all ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan
Stir it together
Bring to the boil for 15-16 mins
Keep storing to stop it sticking
Prepare a  large baking tray
Remove pan from heat and let stand for 5 mins
Add vanilla
Beat mixture for 5 mins
Pour into tray
Leave overnight to set
Cut into squares

And that's it, really easy and super tasty! 


Linking up today with  Tami's blog
Friday - Creative Friday
Saturday - Weekend Wrapup
                Show and Tell Saturday
                Lovely Crafty Weekend
                Strut Your Stuff
Sunday - Sunday Showcase Party
               Think Pink
               Homemaker on a dime
               Linky Party Sunday
Monday - Motivate Me
                Craft
Tuesday - Too Cute Tuesday
               one project at a time

9 comments:

  1. mmmh looks nice - thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks SO yummy! I may have to try that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give it a try, it really is so yummy!

      Delete
  3. New subscriber from Strut Your Stuff Saturdays at Six Sisters' Stuff. Never remember hearing about "golden syrup" before, but I'm going to find some because this recipe and I are so coming together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Hope you fun some golden syrup, this is so yummy! Golden syrup is also good on pancakes!

      Delete
  4. Yum! I love eating sweets like these with a big mug of coffee or tea. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite often in Scotland tablet is served with tea and coffee at the end of a meal!

      Delete