Saturday 4 June 2011

Knitting Tutorials

I thought I might try and put together some tutorials on how to knit. As I am pretty much going to be learning at the same time I thought it would be a good reference for me but also good for anyone who is reading along and wants to try knitting. (Well hopefully, I'm not sure how good my instructions will be!)

Tutorial 1 - The Slipknot
The slipknot is the first thing you need to know before you can start knitting. You wont get very far without knowing this. Here's how you do it

Step 1
Make the yarn into this upside down U shape


Step 2
Cross the yarn over, so it looks like this

Step 3
Hold onto both ends. Pull the right side of the yarn into the loop form behind


Step 4
Still holding onto both ends pull the new loop tight


Step 5
Put slipknot onto knitting needle and pull tight again so it is securely attached to the needle
Overview
This is your first stitch. You will know it the slipknot has worked if you can tighten and loosen it. Also if it comes undone when you pull the two ends.






No comments:

Post a Comment