This is very much a tried and tested recipe, in fact I think I've been using it for about 6 years, it never fails and is so quick and easy to make I would never look at any other recipe, although I'm sure there are some great ones out there.
I made this particular cheesecake last week for our Burns Supper and i think its fair to say everyone loved it.
300g digestive biscuits
150g soft butter
300g cream cheese
60g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
250ml double cream
2 capfulls of whisky
1 punnet of raspberries
1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add the butter and whisky and whiz again to make the mixture clump.
2. Press this mixture in a 23cm springform tin; press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge. I then pop it into the freezer as the whisky makes it a little wet.
3. Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
4. Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Take base out of the freezer, spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
6. When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmold it and scatter the raspberries on top.
You can change the biscuits to chocolate digestives
You can leave out the whisky or use a drink of your choice
You can change the topping.
I love this recipe as its so simple, so yummy and so versatile.
The original recipe is by Nigella Lawson, which can be found on her website or book - Nigella Express.