Friday 7 February 2014

Fo Friday - Valentine edition

As well as being a knitter, before I had Angus I used to make cards. I still make the odd one but there just isn't time to make as many as I used to. However, this week I made a special effort and made this



I am really pleased with this, I did have a pattern that I found on Pinterest but I wasn't overly happy with the result so I decided to try myself and I think it looks really good! (If you would like the pattern let me know and I'll post it!) I think the grey card and the red heart looking really good together too!

Hopefully the husband will like it too! 

Well that's it for me today, we've got the in laws staying this week so we're off to the oriental museum - have a good day! 

Linking up with  Tami's blog
Friday - Creative Friday
             Fiber Arts Friday
Saturday - Weekend Wrapup
                Show and Tell Saturday
                Lovely Crafty Weekend
                Link Your Stuff
                Strut Your Stuff
Sunday - Sunday Showcase Party
               Think Pink
               Homemaker on a dime
               Linky Party Sunday
Monday - Motivate Me
                Craft
Tuesday - Too Cute Tuesday
               one project at a time

13 comments:

  1. ooooh, I never think of knits like this for cards. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made Christmas trees a couple of years ago and put them on cards! I like to combine both knitting and card making!

      Delete
  2. what a lovely heart and lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm knitting a heart to make a Valentine's card for my husband, too! I think I'm going to write 'my heart was made for you' corny eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! I may steal that and write it inside mine!

      Delete
  4. I've been knitting some of those hearts (also found via Pinterest) this week - the pattern is a little clumsy. Yours looks lovely :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know what you mean about the pattern, I made one and decided it looked uneven and thought I could have a go myself!

      Delete